Monday, October 18, 2010

Facebook me...

I went to the movies last week to watch The Social Network and after the movie I thought that it was a good example of Brand personality. I thought that it was a great movie and that they did a good job of explaining the story. Throughout the movie they say how Facebook is a cool brand and that is why they are using it. There is one scene in the movie that they are discussing putting advertising on Facebook, well this is where the owner describes that he didn’t want to do this because Facebook is seen by its users as a “cool” thing and they would get turned away if there was ads on the site. I think that this is exactly what the brand is seen as. At first when I was invited to sign up, I didn’t really care to. After a little while it seemed to be what everyone around me was doing, so I decided to try it out. Although I am not on it as much as others I think that a lot of people are using it because of what its personality portrays it as.
A lot of people thought that it would fade out with time, but I think that it will last a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment