Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mine is better than yours.


I just came back from visiting friends in Kingston and while I was there we went out to a bar. When I saw the name of it I thought it was the simplest and easiest name that they could have come up with. The name of the bar is MyBar. What I thought was really clever was the way that they used the tagline of “MyBar is better than your bar” in a way to position themselves. Kingston is known as being a university town, so the target audience for the bars in that area are students. I thought that they did a great job at making the bar feel as though it can be a place that you can go to and not pay too much for your drinks but that you can also be in a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere. I think that with the name like MyBar, they do a good job of using a simple and direct name but make it creative and work the best for them. I think that with everything they offer they are doing a good job of standing out in a town that is known for student night life.

No comments:

Post a Comment